April 24, 2011

End of April musings

Wow. I'm leaving for Germany really soon!... it's just dawned on me that I leave August 4... it's almost May.

I'm really nervous about this year in Germany. Actually, I'm looking forward to it immensely, and I can't wait to see how I change and how I grow. I'm excited to immerse myself completely in German. I'm nervous about being in a host family (who isn't? :) ), but am really looking forward to living the life of a German teenager.

All of these feelings, according to those who have been on exchange, are normal. I believe that they're right. It's still strange to feel like you're absolutely soaring one day, excited to go on exchange, and the next day realizing that you won't see your best friend for 10 months.

Well, we'll see what happens!

I plan to update this blog probably when I receive news of a host family. :-) Adjö! (oh wait, that's Swedish. ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, tell me what you think!: